I’ve been thinking that maintaining two blogs won’t be easy for me as I’m gonna pursue my master degree soon. What do you think if I fuse this blog with my article blog » judithchen.wordpress.com? I need your comments please just want to maintain my posts better…thanks heaps!
Tags: kyu, plushie, super junior
Ah…hey guys, I’ve been a little too busy again..didn’t make it to post but now as I am taking a break from volunteering Merapi a few hours I managed to blogged in both article and artwork blog of mine Recently I’ve been working on some orders, custom of course. And this is one of the new stuff: Kyu (Super Junior) order. Face, hair, wardrobe, are all customizable. Ain’t you love it? <3
Hi there! Long time no see. I’m back (well I can say that now, haha) with tons of wishlist, especially from etsy! Just got some things granted, got some gifts from giveaways and etsy seller too but, let’s keep that for later
As you know etsy had a wide range of wonderful stuffs, but what I love most is the jewelries! Let us see some of my favorites, shall we? >3<
5. Eye-catching aqua quartz necklace by Jenalyn’s Creations
Hmm actually this is my most wanted item, but..since I already have it (almost, I must say. I’m still waiting for the package to arrive) so I put it on the last wishlist!
This piece of art is a large aqua quartz necklace, a real gemstone in such size, amazing isn’t it? I’m really happy that my darling bought it for me! <3 The stone is large, bright and eye catching! God I’m longing for blue stuffs lately,..And for some special reasons, I think I’ll do a review on Jenny’s shop later when my package arrive ^^
4. Fairy quartz Lightbrary Crystal Cluster by Kuberacove
If I had my own place to stay someday, I would pick stuffs like this for my home deco. Natural chunk of mineral gemstones, not really polished but…So lovely!
3. Wolf and heart bracelet (eclipse inspired) by TwilighterVA
I love to watch the movie, well I like the action part, actually ;p And I think Taylor Lautner is very hot! Having something like this would remind me to someone warm hearted and loyal like Jacob, I suppose ;D Oh I imagine that I would go on a date with my bf wearing this bracelet..haha silly me..
2. Amethyst stalactite cluster necklace by Andrea Bonelli
My number two most wanted, artistic artwork by Plum and Sage! They always have delicate and high quality gemstone wrapped with delicate metalworks. Awesome! This amethyst chunk necklace will certainly put the person who wears it into spotlight, thus, gain much confidence!
1. Lucy VII necklace in rose quartz by Marlo Noel
Finally, the coin cut rose quartz I always adore, Lucy VII necklace by Marlo Noel! This is something I absolutely crave for my wedding…someday <3
What is your etsy wishlist?^^
PS. I decide to re-open my shop after a long time…Now I’m still working on some orders I’m gonna post later. But if you have some custom orders for plushes/accesories you can just click the “order” button on the banner and tell me the details. see ya!
Tags: plushie, vintage
hello folks…Many has been asking “where have you been, you haven’t updated your blog lately…” Um..I did, actually, only it’s the other blog, not this one..hehe
Well, life’s been a little bit busy lately, and I am going to have my final thesis test next tuesday. Geez I’m so nervous!
Just to let you know actually I’m still running some craft projects, I just haven’t take any pics or post about it. After my test (plus revision approval and blahblah) I will be back soon, I have tons of things I wanna share, believe me
And for all of you who supported me, I am planning a little giveaway after I graduate later. So…wish me luck
this pic was taken by my sis. she loves my plushies and now she’s starting her own artworks too!
Tags: apple plush, artwork, craft, handycraft, plushie, tutorial
As promised..here is the apple plush tutorial! xD sorry if some pics are unclear..I hope it’s good enough..I’m filling my piggy bank to get a new cam by now
First I wanna make a cute apple with a big smile, but turns out it’s more like an evilish little apple..haha, guess it represents me more than I expect :p
Just a little note here, I made this tutorial as simple as possible. But please do remember that you will count on your fingers and instinct, perhaps a little more than you expected. What I mean is, not because this is a hand sewing project, but you will rely on your fingers to help the plush shape as much as apple-like since the pattern is actually only an ordinary round shape. You will have to fold them here and there as directions in the tutorial to make a 3D apple plush. So you can say, I made this with a little folding technique since the apple is actually only a stuffed yoyo.
More or less your result will be a real apple sized-plush
- thick red apple colored fabric. my suggestions is soft towel or any fabric with similar thickness and flexibility.
- brown fabric for twig on apple top (I used light brown towel leftofer and colored it dark brown with fabric marker)
- green leaf fabric (I used green mint color towel and embroider it with green embroidery thread to make the leaf bones)
- sewing tools: thread and needle
- embroidering tools: black embroidery thread and embroidery needle
- black felt for the eyes
- fabric glue
- polyester fiberfill (Indonesian: dakron)
1. First, make a round pattern with a 20 cm diametre. I made my own pattern without specific tools. I only fold an old newspaper, into small simetric piece, mark 10 cm and cut it with a little curve on the edge like this:
2. Put your red fabric on the floor. Pin your pattern on and mark it. Cut exactly on where you mark. No need to add seam allowance for this one.
3. Sew like in the pic. Do it all around the fabric. Then pull the thread carefully until the fabric looks like a bag (this is actually making a yoyo, if you’re familiar with this)^^
4. Stuff with polyester fiberfill firmly. Make sure you fill all the spacewith the filling. Stick in your finger a few times to make sure.
5. Pull the thread again until the hole is as small as possible. and sew the opening until it’s closed.
6. Now here we start the folding. Hold the stuffed apple like here in the pic, it’s like folding half of the apple. Sew carefully where the opening existed before. We are trying to secure the ex-opening and make it neat – also shaping the apple at the same time.
Don’t be surprised that the shape may looked a little weird, don’t worry we’re not done yet
7. When the two side of it already been sewed you will see a weird big folds on each of two other sides of the apple. Now here you need a lot of help from your fingers. Stuck your fingers into the “hole” and meet the two sides of “hole” to close it. You will need to use your finger to exact the shape since this is crucial for your apple’s shape. Your fingers need to be sticked in a few times to the inside folds to make sure you got the right shape you want Sew. Repeat to the other side until both “hole”s are closed.
Check if there’s any other unwnted fold/hole and sew them. When you’re done with this step this is the result:
8. Draw a leaf on a paper for the patern and make the leaf plush to put on top of the apple. Remember that you will need to add seam allowance. Tips: if you think the leaf is too ‘fat’ you can iron it, just simply replace it under a thin fabric and iron.
For the brown twig, I made it from a leftover fabric, cut it as a small rectangle and sew two sides, stuff it a little bit, and close one opening side after folding it inside – and then sew it to close the opening. One side is still opened, you will stick this side to the apple.
9. Cut two little round black felt for the eyes. Stick them to the apple plush, on the side that you think looks better shaped. Embroider the mouth with a black emroidery thread. Tips: if you want to make the face look cute you better place the mouth exactly in the downside- center of the eyes. Place the rough closing of the apple on top, since you can cover this little rough edges or ugly endings with the twig and leaf. It may be a little uneasy to sew the closing neatly at first so we need to cover this
1o. Sew the twig like in the pic, around the apple. Sew the leaf beside the twig, then sew leaf to apple. You’re done xD
PS. my leaf is emroidered with green embroidery thread to make the leaf bones look real. Only I face it inward when sewing it since it looks better from the front side of the apple Hope you like your apple..and please..don’t eat it! ;D Happy crafting! xoxo
Tags: amigurumi, amigurumi panda, plushie
Yay, as I told you..I can’t get more excited for this craft swap! Sorry for posting this late kak Mi, I’ve been so busy with my thesis lately m(- -)m
I send her the salmon sushi and onigiri (in the next craft swap I hope I can create something else, special for the swap! But this time what can I say, onigiri is a star so far)^^
As you see in this pic, kak Mi sent me this super panda amigurumi! Ohhh gawd I gotta defend this doll from my little sist since she want it badly..I hide it in my room LOL..thanks a lot kak Mi, I heart you! <3
Wanna see more of her works? Visit her HERE
Tags: artwork, craft, embroidery, ring, rose, vintage
Today I went to my friend’s graduation ceremony (well I hope next ceremony is mine! tee hee, getting closer there, though^^) The dresscode is a bit weird to me: beautiful and handsome. Well who doesn’t want to look that way in such an essential ceremony? ^^;
Anyway in some ways suddenly I wanna post my pic with this evening’s outfit. I wore the dress from Carly J.Cais. If you read my older post she is an awesome American fashion designer, and she also did many super awesome DIY tutorials xD really admire her You can check out her blog, chic steals! (the link is in my sidebar).
flower dress: forever 21
snowflake swarovsky necklace: local crafter in Ken Ting, Taiwan
cherry red swarovsky earring: check fun
bangle : pink jade (also from Ken Ting)
white cardigan: MANGO
Ah btw I really forgot that I wanna show Suke (yeah that’s what I call my bestie who had her grad ceremony this evening) the ring I made..but…I forgot -______-” I am soooo forgetful these days, loads of jobs occupied my brain’s bandwith haha..
Tried this based on a craft book. Yes, the very first craft book I bought after 2 years. So I did an experiment on these leftofers:
emroidery threads, coconut shell button, DIY ring, scrap of black velvet
And turn all those stuff them into this rose ring:
So in the end I just wanna say..today is a park full of bushes of flowers! Evening ceremony with flower dress, flower earring and ending the day with a rose ring blog post hehe
And I don’t care if it’s not in the “what’s in fashion” list. I make my own fashion, since it is my passion and no one else
Gotta sleep soon, saving energy coz I gotta deadline and tomorrow’s my friend’s main graduation ceremony. Night everyone, coming up with craft swap report in the next post! >3<